Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Instant Messaging ke Side Effects

I want to take you out on a date. . :D

It was sometime in January 2014. One of the Loyolites committed suicide, he didn't even complete his first year. Somebody posted it in our group. Rhea 'liked' the post. I sent her a friend request.

Day 2 -- I see she's online. Yes, she accepted my request. I pinged, "Hi"

"Do I know you? Or do you know me?", pat came the reply
"Neither :D", I am a man of few words.

And, the chat went on and on. I sometimes feel a strange paradox. I strongly feel that I shouldn't talk to strangers or engage in conversations with them. But, in the digital world, I feel like divulging my deepest secrets. As if, the digital world strips me of the demeanor and exposes the real me to the web.

So, days pass by. Hours pass by. And voila! She knows more about me than my bff, and I haven't met her! I'm not sure if the same thing could be said the other way round. I mean, to catch up with the wind, you type without giving second thought to what are you typing! You type what you think. Period.

"I've had crush on a few. But, no one ever proposed me", I clearly don't know to date what made me type this.
"Awww. . Don’t worry. I'll propose", came the most indigenous reply.
"Wait! Where's the candle lights, the dinner table?", I was insane.

So, hours pass by. Minutes pass by. She told me the most brutally hilarious things. I reciprocated appropriately.

"How I wish you were on the Crucifix", I know why I typed it. Had I known the reply she was to give, I wouldn't have made the crucifix remark in the first place!

"Nobody can nail me, if you know what I mean :D :P", I certainly did not expect that from a graduate who learnt in different countries. Was I aghast? No! I laughed my a*s on the floor. Some misconceptions were cleared from my mind.

  1. All girls are shy. There are some eloquent exceptions.
  2. You tend to vent out your secrets, your wailings and yearnings -- provided you are in conversation with a "Rhea" kind of person.

We of course did not exchange our contact details or bank balances. But, yes, I know how tall she is and so does she! Height? Well, I asked her. Don't ask "why?!!"

So, minutes pass by. Seconds pass by. One fine day;

"Hole in one!", I remarked.
"Not a hole. . Reminds me of something else. . :P", who would've thought she'd type this?!
"I want to take you out on a date :D", I replied after series of rhetorics on her remarks.

You really don't want to know what happened next!


For more, visit Vivek Apparently Writes

2 comments: