Friday, February 14, 2014

An Ode to St. Valentine's Day

We were sitting facing each other. I and she -- on a surprise lunch. We chatted about everything from the good food to the good music to the good weather, but not about our lives. It was a deal we agreed to before coming here. I looked around. Some were enjoying their food, some were gazing in each other’s eyes, while some were on their smartphones. “Happy Valentine Day”, I wished her as I noshed on my burger.

Why are you wishing me?”, She exclaimed.

“Because I love you”, I remarked. It felt awkward to express it, because I’m in love with her since I remember her, saw her for the first time. I realized off late that expressing love s as important as loving.

A tear drop rolled trickled down her eye and rolled down her cheek. I got my answer.

We went back home. An angry soul was waiting. “How dare you steal my date?” he roared. “Dad, You promised to be here by 1pm. You were late. So I took Mom with me for lunch. I didn’t steal you date!” I exclaimed.

“But honey; you really are late. Your son proposed me already!” mom said matter-of-factly.
We all burst in laughter. Even my young bro joined. “Happy Valentine’s Day!” we wished each other. 

Valentine’s Day is to express love right? 

For more, visit Vivek Apparently Writes

2 comments: