Monday, December 26, 2011

Lambi Judaai

Prologue: 03/12/2011 was the happiest day for everyone. It was my dear sister Kalpana’s marriage! That evening by 9:40 pm the baraat arrived along with the bridegroom in complete extravagance and ritz. He was mounted on a mare. The ceremonies & reception got over by 11:00 pm after which the ‘pheere’ were conducted at 2:00 am in the morning of 04/12/2011.


Time: Sometime in the morning; way before dawn.

Place: Gita Bhavan, Sikar (Rajasthan).

Purpose: My dearest Sister’s marriage.

It was now time for her ‘vidaai’. No no, not the movie; but the real one, which involved a lotta sobbing & hugging (obviously!). Amid my lamenting kins; I was certainly looking out of the world. Reason? There was not a tear in my eye! Not that I don’t love my sis or something else; its just that I don’t know how to cry! I fact, before her bidaai, I even rubbed my eyes hard, so hard that they turned red! But, alas! No tears… it was my chachaji who burst into tears first.. And then the chain reaction began (can’t help but use my science terminologies.!!) I was one of the last kins of my sis who hugged her. For a moment, I felt myself saying: “mera number kab aayege?!!” Ok ok.. PJs aside. I can still vividly remember the moment. She saw me, “Do come and pick me up from my sasural in the morning.” I wasn’t sure whether I will. By the moment I could answer, she hugged me. I realized how special was a hug. It was as if I was waiting for this one second. That moment, words began to flow out of my mouth as if my speaking was controlled by my sub-conscious self. I don’t know whether she heard them or not, but I do know that I uttered them near her ears, precisely, her left ear., “Of course I will”. “Be happy Sis! You’re going to your home. YOUR better home!”

Then she sat in her car along with her hubby. Then they made a move to home. Before drivind, me and my other siblings pushed the car a little (it’s a tradition). Even after she was gone, I could see my siblings, my uncles and aunties stare that empty crossway . some were waving hands long after the car had vanished. Were they hoping her to return? No. Then why? This is 1 question which my mind didn’t answer but my heart did, in 4 words, “Its love damn it!”

P.S. I know that you will read it and I also know that I don’t owe you an explanation. But I wanted to give U a reasonable reason for my not crying during Ua Bidaai.

0 comments:

Post a Comment