Monday, February 25, 2013

Smitten

The day is 22nd February 2013. I'm in my room in a certain PG in Ban-Galore. Time is 11:30 pm and my mind is still living the moments it had all day long in the training academy organized by Goldman Sachs. It were not the sessions, not the presenter; but a female. I boasted of having crushes over 4 girls, but now I've felt what it feels like when one is truly infatuated, when one is smitten.

To set the expectations lower; I don't even know her name. Despite she telling it once! That's VK they say!!

I noticed her a day before yesterday; she was wearing a gray skirt with an artificial black flower sewn between the fabric covering her left shoulder. I didn't feel anything then; I regarded her as any other girl in a common place. It was the 22nd that got me feel like "La la la la la"! She was wearing a simple formal attire; gray shirt tucked in her black skirt. Her hair were free and were not bound by any band or clip.

She was wearing heels which made her 2 inches taller than herself. And her face; her face was the only part of her body which got me high. To be frank, my eyes were fixate on her face, her hands, her lips, her locks of hair and her eyes. Her pupils were black, which pierced through something in me when she saw me. God, she was beautiful! If you are one of those who see beauty kin-deep; then I'm not one among you. Her skin-tone is as dark as that of Krishna. that made her particularly more beautiful! I just couldn't let my eyes off her!

There was a session today which demanded the segregation of the class in 4 groups. You can say that she was a part of my group, or I was a part of her group, or we were a part of the same group. Who cares? What mattered was that she was sitting facing me! Of course, you can not dis-regard the 2 tables which were amid us. We were given scripts, and were asked to select 2 participants within our group to enact a role-play. I raised my hand and wished to play the part of a client. The other role was that of an analyst. We did a rehearsal within our group so that the scope for errors will reduce. I was actually too soft for a client. The other members of the group asked me to be a little more aggressive, angry and particular. even she said so. Then the moderator asked us to present the play, and she introduced it. As per the reactions and the applause I observed in the audience and her; I was sounding like an actual client; curious, concerned angry and aggressive! I don't know if she knows it, but Id did it because she told me to. Oh, when she was advising me on this; her eyes, her lips, I was lost. But I could make out the advice and I acted upon it. The moderator exclaimed over my performance, "You should be with me when I talk to Airtel customer care!"

All the while, my neck was intuitively turning towards the left, towards her. Then, the class was split the 2nd time, the same as earlier. We were asked to discuss some of our best and worst client service experiences. Some spoke, some laughed. Then, I raised my voice to share my experience. All the eyes were on me. her eyes were on me. That's it! My eyes met hers! Initially, she asked to the one to her right, ""what did he just say?" . I ensured that she never had to ask that again. It was, as if, there was no group, no class, no building, no city, no state, no country, no continent, no Earth, no universe! Only she and I, sitting 2 tables apart and I was telling her my experiences. I even made her laugh with my worst client service experience. When she laughed; her eyes closed and her lips were apart from each other. That was beautiful.

I thought of talking to her during the break; but she went to the restroom. By the time she was back, I was determined that I'll talk to her. I even noticed that she was sitting alone. But then, there were others in the room too, and I thought "If I go and talk to her, others might tease me", so I didn't and hence I committed the folly of falling before even trying to get up!

When the session got over; I went to the washroom and when I came out; I saw her coming out and  was just able to see her enter the elevator and make a move. Ah! How could I?

One thing worth mentioning a myriad times.. she was beautiful, simply beautiful, particularly beautiful, adorably beautiful. I don't know whether I'll see her again... I don't know how she felt about me... I don't know whether she'll ever remember me... but I ope she reads this, knowing that I've written about her.

Now I know why they say 'love is blind'; because the seed of love is infatuation. Now I know why they say 'love is not done, it just happens'; because it just happens that you're smitten. Now I know why they say 'you'll come to know what is love only when you love'; because you need to feel it, to be able to articulate it; and once you feel it, you won't have words to express it! I'm not in love, but I'm smitten by her so badly that I will eventually all in love with her, despite the fact that I do not know her name. All I know abut her is that she is beautiful and works in GS.

Its good to be smitten, it surely takes over your mind and you can't stop thinking about her, but that's worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment