Friday, December 19, 2014

The importance of an admit card


I was blissfully in the lap of my dear siesta. I dreamt of receiving an admit card for the most important examination of my life, which I misplaced it!

I woke up with a jerk. "Phew. . Thank God all is fine. I didn't even clear the exam, how will I get an admit card at all!", I brushed myself off. But, I really wanted to see that exam's admit card.

I called a friend of mine and requested that she send her copy of admit card to me -- I know this is very weird and very stupid -- and she hesitantly obliged. Here it was, on my computer screen, the admit card which I never got.

Contrary to what people may think, admit cards serve a more important purpose than just what it is named for. For the miserly, an admit card is testimony to the fact that he has spent registration fees in the first place to receive it.

For the studious, an admit card is a grim reminder -- like a stop-watch -- to study harder, lose nights of sleep and give it all. For the veterans (who've given that examination umpteen times), an admit card is merely an invitation to a date with the exam. They know how to coax the exam paper into passing them.

For the religious, an admit card is the judgment day. They'd put vermilion over the admit card, place it at the feet of idols and hope to get superpowers out of it. For a no-gooder "philosophite" (like me), an admit card means a lot more than what it means for them.

It clearly is a paid invitation to the exam hall. And unless you carry arms or gadgets, nobody dare stop you from entering the exam hall till you have that admit card. Days before the exam date, the arrival of the admit card reminds me to close my books, and contemplate -- how I could have used the time I had, and how well I intend to use time of the future to achieve what I really wanted to -- only to repeat the same mistake over and over.

So; yes, I really wanted to see what I just missed. And it is pretty much expected that she won't send her admit card to me. Had somebody asked me, even I won't -- not until the exam dates were over!

0 comments:

Post a Comment