Monday, December 22, 2014

Instant Messaging ke Side Effects V 2.0


So, I asked her out for a date. Sounds abrupt and sudden? You'd better read the part-1 of the story.

Back. A rendezvous was set -- Lighthouse. Yes, a lighthouse. Why that? Well, it so happened that back then it was newly opened to the public for a nominal fee, and I told her, "Wanna feel like on top of this city?"

She liked orange flowers. She specifically asked me to come with an orange flower. I searched for one, where I'd not have to pay for it. Miser? Yes. A mega-miser I am. A day before our proposed meeting, she pulled off from it. She had something urgent to do.

":( :( :( :(", was my reply.

Months went by, days went by.

Suddenly, she pings.

"Ahem. Guess what is on 15th of this month?"

"Independence day?"

"No! My birthday!"

"Treat?"

"Come to Chepauk Medical College! I'll be waaaaaiiiiiiting!", she replied. I'd have come to Antarctica had she called me there.

This time I messed it. I had an engagement, so I told her this and wished her on fb.

"Why don't you give me your cell no.? I'll call up and we'll fix a date! LOL", I asked.

"Mommy beating if I number giving!", was her reply. She is good at poetry and rhyming, isn't she?

One day I come to know that she proposed to a guy and he said yes. They love each other, and are looking seriously at marriage -- an inter-religion marriage.

"Will he tie you thali (sacred thread) or will he kiss you?", I asked. I was heart-broken. I liked her.

Technically, she isn't your beautiful dream-girl. Dark complexion and bunny teeth were the 2 attributes which defined her, and I'd fallen for that. I know why I like her. She makes me talk -- nonsense or sense. She makes me happy -- every ping is a small box of bliss for me. I'm sure if I'm ever under depression, her smiley will cheer me up.

After days of conversation, Christmas month came.

"Cake?", I asked.

"I don't make cake ROFL"

"Do I get anything? BTW, you do know I like(d) you right?"

"Yes and yes. But you guess what I'm thinking of gifting you."

"Your cell no.?"

"No. But, here it is anyway. 0000000000"

"WTF! You gave your cell number to a guy you haven't met? You trust me that much?"

"Ahem. One more choice left."

"A golf ball?"

"A golf what?! Seriously?! I was planning to meet you and gift you a greeting card! You couldn't guess that much?"

"You once remarked 'hole in one', so I thought of that. And ya, I did think of your meeting me. But, then I tried twice in it and it couldn't happen."

I don't know what is surprising -- she giving me her contact number despite she knowing that I like her and she knowing that I know that she is in a committed relationship, or she wanting to meet me for Christmas?

I respect her. Not because she gave in to my incessant asking of her cell no. But, simply because she trusts me. It is difficult to forge trust. I've seen better days forging trust, and she proved my every conception wrong. Trust, I think, is a trait which is all powerful. An old hindi axiom declares, "Trust is the giver of fruits, the world runs on trust". Hardly an emotion or trait is as powerful as trust. You need corrupted excess of a trait to go against somebody's trust.

Thanks to everything pertinent and inconsequential, I now understand the differences between my primal emotions. I have experienced what it is to 'like' someone, to be 'infatuated' with someone, to be 'smitten' by someone, to be 'exploited' by someone and to be 'lustful' for someone. It took me interactions with multiple view-worlds to understand this.

I am yet to experience love. Maybe, love is everywhere. I just need to attune myself to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment